UNCOVERED INTERVIEWS: Katie Kirby

Katie Kirby's novel Could It Be You is available now from Endeavor Press. The novel is about twenty-something entrepreneur Rachel Kane, who goes on a journey to claim back her life after a breakup. The lovely Katie has joined us for the Friday Q&A to tell us more about her writing and Could It Be You...

Tell us about your latest novel in 15 words or less.
A story about love, loss and love again, oh and the South of France!

What inspired you to write Could It Be You?
I hadn't written anything in a while and after I had my first child I wanted to get back into it but I wanted to develop something a little lighter and I really wanted to focus on a story about friendships.

Where do you do most of your writing?
In the evening time after my girls go to bed is when I sit down to write.

What is your favourite book?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Which part of Could It Be You did you enjoy writing the most?
I loved writing the party scenes at the wedding which incorporated a lot more characters some of which were very funny.

Who is your favourite literary heroine?
Jane Eyre.

Do you have any tips for readers who are looking to become published writers?
It's all about perseverance.

Are you working on anything else at the moment and if so, can you tell us?
I'm actually about to begin the follow up story to Could It Be You based around my lead character Rachel Kane.

Thanks, Katie!

You can find out more about Katie Kirby on her website and Twitter.

Could It Be You by Katie Kirby

Could It Be You centres around Rachel Kane, a woman in her late twenties and an entrepreneur who owns her own beauty range business. She is desperately trying to navigate her way through life since the very sudden and heart wrenching split from her husband.

The story begins the day before her first holiday to the South of France as a singleton where she is the maid of honour at her best friend's wedding and from there takes Rachel on a journey where she has to face who and what is most important to her.

No comments